The Granada War Relocation Center Closes
October 15, 1945 marked the closing date of the Granada Project, the first of the War Relocation Authority centers to be closed. Under the authority of Executive Order 9066, issued by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on February 19, 1942, approximately 110,000 Japanese-Americans were interned in 10 relocation centers for the duration of World War II.
On August 10, 1988, survivors of civilian relocation camps were granted restitution payments by the Civil Liberties Act of 1988.
126 Notes/ Hide
- wakingupishard likes this
- emir-dynamite reblogged this from todaysdocument
- japanese-american-spirit reblogged this from todaysdocument
- national-moving-companies reblogged this from todaysdocument
- allenbingham reblogged this from todaysdocument and added:
- todaysdocument posted this