Taking advantage of a clause in the Antiquities Act of 1906, President Theodore Roosevelt declared the Grand Canyon a National Monument on January 11, 1908. It would not become a National Park until 1919, after several frustrated attempts designate it one.
Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon?
647 Notes/ Hide
- breenyschlacter reblogged this from jeeeskimo
- lochlain reblogged this from todaysdocument
- stormproofmatchgirl likes this
- butthatsunsettho likes this
- redalbright reblogged this from ladybirdcrystal
- klarburyvkladison reblogged this from todaysdocument
- thelonebear likes this
- unicornsandbroomsticks reblogged this from stateofthehotdish
- birdcageinyoursoul answered:Yes, twice! Once when I was 12, and then again this past summer. This time I actually got to raft the Colorado and camp for two day in there.
- sparklesandgrace likes this
- sacrebleuth reblogged this from npr
- tears-of-grace likes this
- keep-your-shirt-on likes this
- daviddasilva answered:Yes. It’s the grandest canyon.
- werlive likes this
- serotoninsamba reblogged this from americabymotorcycle and added:
- projectdelaney reblogged this from npr
- This was featured in #History
- todaysdocument posted this