#FashionWeek rained out? Not a problem for this stylish WAC!
She appears courtesy of The Pleasure of Your Company (1970), an Army training film for the Women’s Army Corps (WAC), which covered many pressing fashion & etiquette questions for WACs watching the film, including:
- Can I wear a mini skirt and jewelry when out of uniform?
- Who opens the door first when not in uniform?
- If I go out on a dinner date, who orders? (Hint: It’s not the lady!)
The Pleasure of Your Company, stands as an artifact of an American military and society that were to undergo sweeping changes over the following decade. By the end of the 1970s, the WAC would be integrated into the rest of the Army and society would be on its way to treating women much differently in the workplace. Sometimes it’s easy to forget how far we have come until we take a look back at the films of the past.
21 Notes/ Hide
- henryllano-things likes this
- piyushpatelharry likes this
- purlhaggard likes this
- ihlassoba reblogged this from todaysdocument
- pablosanchezmostaza likes this
- pterodactylsnotpteranodons likes this
- hapsyharlow reblogged this from todaysdocument
- cscclibrary likes this
- surillamaguy likes this
- gloomygirl93 reblogged this from todaysdocument
- greenablaze likes this
- elephie likes this
- aggeliki-entropia likes this
- gloomygirl93 likes this
- saruko reblogged this from todaysdocument
- kylibrarian likes this
- lj-e likes this
- thegoodassblog likes this
- kaiyves likes this
- jim1701 reblogged this from todaysdocument
- annadowdall reblogged this from todaysdocument
- backstoryradio likes this
- todaysdocument posted this