To promote the national security by providing for a Secretary of Defense; for a National Military Establishment; for a Department of the Army, a Department of the Navy, and a Department of the Air Force; and for the coordination of the activities of the National Military Establishment with other departments and agencies of the Government concerned with the national security.
Signed by President Harry S. Truman on July 26, 1947, the National Security Act would establish the Department of Defense, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the National Security Council.
45 Notes/ Hide
- tressieuyemura93 reblogged this from todaysdocument
- ofspacifica reblogged this from todaysdocument
- greenami likes this
- last--minute likes this
- sunwood reblogged this from todaysdocument
- anaustralianyouth likes this
- naderm reblogged this from todaysdocument
- experimental-aperture likes this
- kaiyves likes this
- wentdog likes this
- todaysdocument posted this