Measuring Success on Tumblr with Today’s Document:
Many of our followers requested more information on our recent presentation at DC’s Social Media Week, so, by popular demand, here are a few excerpts of our 5-minute* Lightning Talk for “Defining and Measuring Success on Social Media for Museums and Arts Organizations:”
Be sure to see the full Storify feed for a great recap of all the presentations from the #SmwMuseSocial panel. Thanks to all the panelists & attendees and everyone who helped to live-tweet the event!
(*undoubtedly we went well over the 5 minute limit but Dana Allen-Greil, our moderator-extraordinaire, was too polite call us on it.)
We had the privilege to share some of our experiences with Today’s Document on Tumblr as part of DC’s Social Media Week this morning.
Our panel, “Defining and measuring social media success in museums and arts organizations” included other great presentations from:
- National Gallery of Art
- Pew Internet and American Life Project
- Smithsonian Institution’s Office of Public Affairs
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Smithsonian Institution’s Office for Web and New Media Strategy
- Ford’s Theater
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History
- (special thanks to Dana Allen-Greil of the National Gallery of Art for organizing/moderating and inviting us, and the National Museum of the American Indian for hosting the panel!)
We spoke about our success on Tumblr so far but also the challenges in getting to the next level of public engagement. What do you think we can do to meet the “engagement challenge?”